Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hola!

Hola! Yes I made it to Spain! Alfonso and Carmen picked me up at the airport and after I got my two overweight bags Carmen came up and found me right away. They are both so sweet and welcoming (and both speak english) so we left the airport and went to a restaurant by the harbor and had some lunch. Wonderful atmosphere and felt like a dream driving along the coast to Sant Andreu de Llaverenes (30km from Barcelona). We came home after and relaxed for a bit because both boys were away- ricard at grandmothers and alfons at a summer camp. I was so tired after a long plane ride and staying up to 11pm est then eating breakfast at 2am est to "try" to get use to the time difference. After meeting the boys and having them bathe and have dinner we decided to have dinner-still going on 2 hrs of sleep and then off to bed for almost 12 hrs for me! I woke up not realizing where I was but very soon I remembered:)

A trip to the centre of Llavernes with Carmen and Ricard today to get some coffee and fresh fish and some fruit. We live about .5 mile form the centre of the town and just went by foot down the hill and Carmen showed me this and that. Very fun and realizing I have much to learn before I go out on my own. Carmen starts work back on Thursday so that is my first real day of "work" here. I am so happy and glad I have a family that is so welcoming and wants me to enjoy and learn everything. I cant wait to be fluent-plane ride wasnt sufficient haha- and be able to hold a conversation in Spanish! I may look into some language classes for the weekend but have yet to do so because it is only my 2nd day here...

2 comments:

Rae said...

Esta muy bueno, mi prima!

Rae

Unknown said...

How exciting! Love the pics too. Im sure you will be adjusted in no time! Buenos noches chica!