Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Long Day

Yesterday was the longest day of my life. Since Carmen and Alfonso had last Thursday and Friday off, little Ricard was use to everyone being around... until yesterday!
Poor little guy couldn't figure out where everyone went... and didn't want me around either. I didn't know a kid could scream that loud! I had Ricard all to myself from 830 to 5 with a good nap in the middle. 

Alfons' school also started yesterday and Alfonso (better keep up, the names might throw you) came home at 5 to walk with Ricard and I to the bus stop to pick up Alfons. Yes, he is 3 and rides the bus! He goes to an awesome private school where they speak Spanish, Catalan and English. Carmen and Alfonso thought it would be a good idea the first day for someone to go with me to pick up Alfons. I agreed.. esp after the day I had. 

Our house is on the top of the hill, centre is 3/4 way down and bus stop just beyond this. So its pretty easy getting down but coming back up is the kicker...
After we picked up Alfons we went to a park that is about 1/2 back up the hill and played for about an hour or so.

Today I get to make this journey by myself. Load up Ricard, pack a snack, head to the bus stop to pick up Alfons, make a stop in the park, and chat with the other women while the kids play!
Which part will be the hardest?? Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me more, tell me more!! Everything sounds so exciting. So happy for you!