for everyone!
First off Tuesday it was raining which means when I went to pick up Alfons from the bus stop we had to come straight home (me pushing again both boys up hill, sweaty and soaked by the time we arrived). NO GOING OUTSIDE except maybe on the back porch to play a little game of 3 yr old badminton aka me running out into the rain to get the broken birdie every time Alfons hit it. After 20 min I decided it was time to go inside to watch Nemo en espanol or find another game to play.
Nemo worked out well and things seemed to be going smoothly. Carmen had called to tell me that they were just leaving Barcelona which meant I had to do the bath routine for the first time. I could of waited for them but decided I could handle it being the "pro au pair" that I am...
Couldn't figure out how to put in the drain stopper so we just took an extra speedy quasi bath- minor details. First I got Ricard out and gave him his dinner, put to bed etc and NOW it started...
Alfons was tired and wanted his parents, I was tired and maybe I wanted my parents too? I cooked him dinner which was a hamburger and set it in front of him *not cut-up* this is OK because he can use his miniature fork and knife to cut with me helping... so I thought. He started to get frustrated because it was a little tough and couldn't cut it. So I offer to help- in English of course- and all 3 year olds want to do EVERYTHING on their own. So after 2 more minutes of watching him not cut it I offered to help again and was showing him how to cut it when he jerked his hand (with the fork in it) AT MY HEAD.
He got me. Square in the forehead.
I screamed, he screamed, I grabbed the fork from his death grip hold and finished cutting the stupid hamburger. By this time he was crying, and now I was crying- not only because I had been stabbed in the head with a fork but because it HURT! At this point my head was bleeding and all Alfons wanted was his mom and how was I suppose to comfort him now? I explained to him how he needs to be careful when cutting etc but who knows if he understood me.
He finally starts to eat and I go to my room to look at the damage.. Not as bad as I was expecting but none-the-less did this really just happen to me?!
A couple minutes later Carmen and Alfonso walked in the door to see both of our glassy eyes and I played it off as I was maybe getting a cold or the weather. I guess Alfons had told Carmen the story, started crying again and said he would never do it again. Maybe he did understand me? I certainly hope so, for everyone's sake! Especially my forehead!
Again, all because it was raining...
_______________________________________________________________
Other than this Life has been great in Espana! I think this weekend we are going to Barcelona again to see some cool architecture and eat some delish tapas in the historic part of Barc. Of course this is all depending on if it rains or not! HA
Stay tuned...
5 comments:
ouch!
~rachel
love you kel!!!
hahahaha by the way - i laughed out loud at work when i read this. i am glad you are ok, but just thought of this little boy speaking spanish and stabbing you in the forehead with his tiny little hand and started cracking up!!
i love reading your blog and glad it looks like you are having a blast. we miss you here!!!!!!
haha, you should have heard Carter re-telling this story - it was pretty funny! He is so proud of you :-)
Wow, that was a crazy blog, im sure you were glad when that day was over.
Post a Comment