Friday, September 19, 2008

Learning to walk...





This little Punk Rocker Ricard is learning to walk! Pretty wobbly still but can go about 5 or 6 steps if he doesnt get too excited... or else he falls. Also more stable when he has shoes on. I am helping him learn things he will use the REST OF HIS LIFE! hah. Sorry this video is sideways, still learning to be a pro-blogger.

The trip from the bus stop to the house is the hardest part of the day. Not only does Alfons not want to listen to my foreign english words but he doesnt want to walk! Hello?? I am not carrying him on my back up what seems like a 2 mile hill. And he has blisters on his feet from his school shoes. Every second I am telling him to hold on to the side of the stroller or give me your hand or come on! He is such a chatter box too and wants to talk to everyone or go into every house that has a open gate. On Wednesday I resorted to carrying him on my back across the busy part of the street then made a game out of trying to get home the fastest. Meanwhile pushing Ricard as well... 
Yesterday I decided to switch things up and go a different way home which has more traffic and a narrow sidewalk... maybe not the best idea so I let Alfons hop on the back of the stroller and pushed the way overloaded thing up the hill. We got home in RECORD time. Yes because it is about how fast I can get home and not be the crazy non spanish speaking au pair with a spaz kid running everywhere. Maybe i'll do the same thing today. Hope the stroller holds up! (talk about disaster...)


PS coffee came last night. hallelujah!

1 comment:

aee_417 said...

Guess what? Barrett is walking now! She's only 9 months old! Crazy little thing...