Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pros & Cons

Pros and Cons of Staying in Spain another year. 


Pros:
Living in a different country- free room and board
Spanish classes paid for- guaranteed fluency?
Easy and cheap traveling to really awesome places
Working less hours, paid the same
Its a job in a terrible market..

Cons:
Being an au-pair is actually really hard
Somewhat dependent on family
Friends and Family in the US


This is a pretty hard decision for me especially because what they're offering is what I want now... I guess thats the appeal of staying... I'm leaning towards countering their offer with coming home from early Sept to Jan (until Valerie's Wedding) and coming back after that. So they would have to get someone to cover me for about 4 months. They might like the idea they might not. But if they do go for it, awesome and i'll be back in Spain. If they don't, still awesome because i'll be in atl, athens or somewhere else in the world. 

Planning on offering this once-in-a-life-time deal of keeping Kelley around to them in the next 2 weeks.

ADIOS! 



No comments: