Monday, February 16, 2009

La vida está llena de decisiones!



Last night I broke the news to C and A about coming home from late Aug/early Sept to Feb (yes, feb now as I found out another friend got engaged! Congrats Natanya!!) Now 5 weddings on the list... quite ridiculous that they have all come so close together but I guess thats just the way it goes... 

So I offered quite vaguely that if they wanted to get someone for 6 months then I could be willing to come back but I said it not very enthusiastically as I had kid duty on Saturday. As in ALL DAY Saturday. A had to work and C had her graduate school (and is usually home by lunch when A is around) but probably took lunch then got a posh new haircut. Working all week then add an extra all day 8 to 630 Saturday wasn't my ideal Valentines day but I managed to stay sane long enough to run to the ciudad de amor y buscar para tiempo bueno. I felt a tad taken advantage of and was rubbed the wrong way by this. Throwing whatever I could into a bag to get out of the house, KK my partner in crime and myself roamed the city to find ourselves chatting the night away tucked into a dark bar. Made it home safe and sound then bummed most of the day away watching satc. perfecto en mi libro.

C and A are getting back to me but I have a feeling its best for all to leave wanting more than overstaying.
SO. Tentative plan for all those blogger fans out there. Finish work in Aug, travel a bit, take a month for a summer spanish course then head home for mi novias and go from there... San Diego with Kara? Teach english in South America? Coach? Grad School? So many options...

La vida esta llena de decisiones!

2 comments:

Lauren Groblewski said...

well, I will be in London for most of the summer and hopefully all of next year, so feel free to visit me sometime in your roamings too!

aee_417 said...

I guess when you are au paring, it's not as fun as just traveling on your own..taking care of kids is very draining! If you stay until August, does that mean you are not coming home for Sarah's wedding? You know, you are ALWAYS welcome in San Diego with us :-)