let it ring
pick it up speaking english
pick it up and say nothing
orrrrr
attempt to say some things/ try to understand some things..
Yesterday I must of had too much coffee and picked up the phone first say hello then realizing yes... infact I am still in Spain. Saying my few key words I managed to tell this lady that Alfonso wasn't home and he left at 830 in the morning and didnt get home until 730ish. Success!!! Inch by inch I will make it happen. Considering I figured out the subtitles on the TV yesterday I'd say it was a good learning day!
Although when I was telling Alfonso and Carmen about it later I felt pretty dumb not able to tell them who it was or what she wanted. HA. HA. Only that I talked to someone on the phone. Sounds borderline incompetent from a different perspective. Oh well guess it wasn't that important...
Also last night we had the first au-pair of the family come to visit, "help" pick Alfons up from the bus stop and have dinner with us. Jenny is from Germany, 27 and can speak Spanish and English. She was only here for 3 months then another girl came for 6 and then me. I think it was a one time thing for her and not to mention she had it WAY easier. Ricard was staying with his grandmother and so she had the entire day to do WHATEVER and just pick up alfons from the bus at 5 PM. Jeez. At least I know I'm getting paid more... Nonetheless it was fun to share stories, most crazy and weird, about living here.
1 comment:
haha - meeting the competition...now you know who they have been comparing you to! I'm sure you are their favorite so far :-)
Post a Comment