Last week Ricard was sick and his grandmother took him to the doctor in Badalona which is just outside Barcelona. I basically had the day to myself so I hitched a ride with Alfonso to the city (Carmen was out of town for 2 days for work).
*Side note Alfonso asked me before I left if I had my keys* and I did... SO
We dropped off Alfons at school then Ricard at Carmen's moms house because we all know I would be useless going to the doctor with Ricard. I was pretty excited to do anything in the city but decided to go to the Picasso Museum. Alfonso dropped me off and found my way in the rain after a couple wrong turns and a trip to the courte ingles. The museum was perfect and especially on a rainy free-day. I made sure I got right back on the train after to make sure I was home in time to pick up Alfons at 5. Made it home by 2 had lunch and relaxed a bit. Well maybe a little too much because I was running a little late heading out the door to the bus stop and walked out the door of the house WITH OUT MY KEYS. noticed it right when the door shut but since I was late nothing I could do about it now. Figure it out when I came home right?
I was thinking the entire way there how am I going to get in the house? We have these shutters on our house that are automatic and can block out all the sunlight if they are all the way down- very awesome. I usually put mine down during the day because it can get pretty hot in my room from the sun. I only put mine 3/4 the way down that day and *maybe* left the sliding glass door shut but unlocked...
I tried not to worry about it but thought this would be the best chance of us getting in the house w/o telling Alfonso I forgot my keys after he specifically asked me if I had them. I picked up Alfons came home, both of us jumped the fence and headed back to my door... I pushed up on the shutters just enough to open the door. IT WORKED!! minus a little cracking sound that the shutters made but at least we were in right? Not having to wait outside for 2 plus hours for Alfonso to get home was important to me (remind you it was raining). So the cracking noise turned out to be a little worse that I first imagined with a grinding sound when you pushed the automatic button and when Alfons heard it he started to cry... not only did I break the shutters but I have a screaming/crying 4 yr old. Its OK because I can fix it- I think. Started a movie for Alfons so he could calm down a bit and I could focus on the damage I caused.. It turns out I couldn't fix it and one panel from the shutters had popped off. WHOOPS. I was freaking out and couldn't really decide what I was going to tell Alfonso because I knew Alfons would tell him and he asked me if I had my keys that morning..
Bath time for Alfons and like clock work when Alfonso walked in the door he told him what happened. I made the whole situation not seem so bad because in reality it wasn't. I pushed up on the shutters to get in the house because we were locked out. I felt pretty bad regardless and also had to leave Alfonso and the boys when he came home because my friend from Andorra, Fede was waiting outside to go speak Spanish/English with me.
By the time I came home Alfonso had looked at it and made it work but there was still a panel missing and one small crack when you close entirely.. OK so after apologizing a million times we could go on with our lives.
THE NEXT DAY
Ricard had antibiotics but was still sick and couldn't really do anything but cry and lay down. Not really fun for anyone but he did manage to eat lunch and some yogurt. At least he was getting some good nutrients in his little body. He seemed pretty tired and so we both laid down on the floor and I was patting his back a little bit and he had a burp/little bit of spit up. I stood up with him patted him a little more on the back while walking to the kitchen and up came the rest. ALL of it in a full out barf. all over me, him and the floor. SICKKKK. I half laughed because I couldn't believe this just happened and half wanted to barf myself because it was so gross. I immediately took off my shirt and Ricard's pants and jacket because those took the biggest hit. While being grossed out and trying to clean everything up the door bell rings. I know its a package for me so I really want to get it but I am covered in throw up and in a sports bra. I don't care so I sign for the package with barf running down my leg and walked back to my room to get my passport to verify I am me. Yes this is me. Hi my name is Kelley and I have baby barf on my legs.
The postwoman was laughing but I just wanted her to go away because everything was really starting to smell at this point. I put the package down and headed straight to give Ricard a bath then to bed. I showered myself and cleaned the rest of the disaster up. Finally opened the package from Maritza! It was some delicious Puerto Rican coffee and much needed at this point in my day... THANKYOU! Carmen got back into town that night and everything seemed to be A-OK but she is going out of town next month... I wonder what will happen then??
2 comments:
LOL... o no! That's a crazy story. From the getting locked out the house. Which um yea that happened to me once before too, i was sooo mad. I had to pay a locksmith $80 just to watch him take 5sec to open the lock. And the throw up, sick dude! Glad you got the package safe and sound.
HAHA - sounds like you have a pretty understanding boss! That's great! The Adventures of Kelley are so entertaining!
Post a Comment