Saturday I started my language classes after not catching the bus in the rain and being 30 min late... which were more than awesome. 1030 to 1200 I had my lesson then hopped the train from mataro into bcn to meet up with fun friend emmita. We went to this english bookstore and did some much needed shopping and exploring around the city. We spent the ENTIRE day walking looking at things like this...
This is the Sagrada Familia which is a famous Roman Catholic church that has been under construction since the 1880's. Amazing architecture smack in the middle of bcn. It was pretty rainy and we decided to continue on our venture to the espanya district to watch this water fountian show next to the national art history museum of Catalonia. The walk was across the city and it took us maybe an hour or two stopping for a coffee and looking/familiarizing ourselves with everything.
Two awesome buildings on our way to the bookstore.
This is what we eventually found...
- Museu nacional d'Art de Catalunya
- Fountians in front of Musuem at night
- Me in front of the fountain show
- Emmita and I
Cheesy music but very cool! We grabbed dinner at a local tavern then hopped back on the metro/trains to head back home. I just missed a train to Mataro and since I am an hour via metro and train of the city I had to call Alfonso to pick me up at the station at 105 am. I have such a nice family!
On Sunday we went to a sailing race in Vilanova where one of Carmens co-workers was racing. This in fact was the 3 hour tour. I boarded the boat thinking we would be back in an hour and a half but it was pretty windy and the waves started to get to me and Alfonso. Luckily I held everything down but Alfonso wasn't so lucky. The race was pretty cool and first time out on the Mediterranean so I couldn't complain.
Took some pretty fun pictures though and an awesome experience I wouldnt of been able to have unless I was au pairing!!
- Our stead fast boat and captains!
Part of the race...
- The view and me trying to look not sick.
After our boat trip we went to eat at Vilanova Nautical Club where everyone was super tired. Lunch seems to last a long time in Spain which means we didn't end up leaving until 530. An hour trip back to Llavaneres the three kids- me included- slept in the back.
Good weekend in Espana!
1 comment:
Wow what a life...ssssooooo jealous!:)~rae
Post a Comment