
KLJ came 2 weeks ago to see for herself if I was really doing what I said I was... LOVING LIFE! In between some world cup meets and some europe adventures Kara came to my little town of Llavaneres to spend time with me! Bringing presents from the US (thanks again) we hung out for the day and I showed her the big one street and market my town is made of. The next night we cooked dinner for my family none other than an american delicious meal of chicken, pasta and some garlic bread... we bought all the ingredients and were ready to go. The Spanish tend to eat a little later but we were hungry and started to make the meal at a rapid pace. Before we knew if we were done and survived the eagle eye of Alfonso making sure we didn't break "his" kitchen. 30 min after the meal was prepared we finally ate it... a downfall of the meal or the cooks but still decent. It was somewhat of a disaster but I think Alfonso and Carmen appreciated the meal and gesture.
Friday night we headed to the city to meet up with two friends KK and Iben who I thought was going to have a little get together for her new apt. Turns out I left my phone and ALL of my contacts in my room. Good thing Kara has the iphone which turned out to be our lifeline the whole weekend as we couldn't go back to get my phone. We had to look up KK's address on her blog and ask someone where it was when we got off the metro. Iben and whoever else I was bound to meet up with or have Alfonso pick us up from the train station on Sunday were instantly off the radar with out my phone. Friday night we headed out to roam the city and KK had some friends she knew from Chicago. Quite the adventure with street cleaners spraying down the streets at 2am literally forcing you out of their way. We walked some more but as it was make or break time we headed back to KK's because we actually wanted to do stuff the next day and not sleep. Well regardless we ended up sleeping but got up around 11 and went full force to the Gothic Cathedral, H & M, Courte Ingles and the wonderful Barcelona City Bus Tour. I've never been on the tour before so it was new for everyone. We made it to Park Guell which is a park designed by a famous architecture Antonio Gaudi. It was so beautiful with one of the best views of the city I have yet to see. It was somewhat of a hike to Park Guell and Kara and I basically fell asleep on the bus ride back to take a disco nap before rallying and heading back out. Kara treated KK and I to a swanky dinner in a cool part of the city in the Born area. After the dinner we thought we wanted to go out and see more night life but once again retreated back to KK's so we could do things the next day. We got up "relatively" early to go to the Picasso Museum, walk down Las Ramblas, grab some lunch and ice cream. We had a long trip back made even longer by me because we took the wrong train but it wouldn't be an offical trip unless we got lost right?



Here are some pics of the weekend...

Me at Park Guell

Gothic Cathedral

Chocolateria y Bomboneria
No comments:
Post a Comment