Monday, November 17, 2008

I love it here

I absoultely love it here. I have such an awesome family and have the weekends to venture off and do things, meet people and see things i've never seen. This weekend was so fun. Saturday I left the house at 830 am to catch the bus in the centre at 855, train at 920 and bum around Mataro until my class at 10. I usually take my bike but decided I wanted to go into the city and better to go w/o bike. I had no idea if I was staying in the city or not for the night but I knew I had to just go. After my 2 hr class that was way better than last week ( but still think I am overpaying) I hopped the train to the city and headed to ikea where I needed to buy a mattress because my two friends kara and beth are coming this weekend. I took the train to the opposite outskirts of the city where I was coming from because this is what the internet map told me to do... I got off the train and had no directions or idea where I was so I asked someone who luckily spoke english and told me to get back on the train then take a bus. No idea what bus but headed back into the city to try again. Figured out what bus and met a friend, girl from denmark- Iben who was going that way as well. Iben is a men's clothes designer who just moved here from Italy and has to buy new apt and furnish it. We made the trip together talking about all of our adventures in the city so far but she has only been here for 2 weeks. Since I didn't know if my friend Laura was back in town I was planning on going home after my ikea trip. Iben sweetly offered for me to hang out w her and her newly acquired friends as well then crash at her place. I accepted... probably too quickly but she was super nice and I wanted to stay in the city. I also was planned to meet up w a old swim friend and his crew which I wouldn't of been able to if I went home.  I bought my mattress and a coupe other fun things and 3.5 hrs later we walked out of ikea. You really have to have a lot of energy if you go to ikea esp on a saturday afternoon. It can make you pretty claustrophobic w a million people and the smell of hotdogs. We ventured back to ibens hotel and temp apt to see her cats and for me to drop off my things. We met up w Iben's neighbors, girl from ny and guy from sweeden. We hung out for a while, drank some sangria and around 12 headed south of the city a bit to meet up w my old swim friends. It was awesome just to hear everyones story and how they made it to bcn and to see some familiar faces from the swim world. I cant wait to see some more when kara and beth get here! t minus 3 days! Have to plan some fun adventures for us. I have a feeling it wont be hard. Iben is having a apt/house warming party this weekend so we might check it out or go to a futbol game?

  
 
kk, steven, me, bryan, doug


me , iben, markus, lauren

2 comments:

aee_417 said...

I hate Ikea! So I think it's pretty brave to go to Ikea in another country! Good job!

Unknown said...

i am so jealous. i want to come. tell kara hi and have fun. miss you!!!