I was pretty much in a daze when Alfonso came home and quickly retreated for some much needed ALONE time. I showered, pretended even longer that I wasn't sick and put on my sub-par halloween costume.
Everyone showed up around 10 and we probably started dinner at 1030. After eating/talking/ listening to everyone who very nicely spoke spanish instead of catalan my body was quickly started to fail. I had been taking ibuprofen consistently and knew I had a fever. We finished dessert and talking around 1 and I crashed in my room.
My body hasn't felt so terrible since 400 IM group plus the fact I had a fever. I ended up staying in bed ALL WEEKEND. I was trying to fight this possibly strep throat alone and couldn't go any farther. Sunday I decided I had to go to the doctors even thought I had been avoiding it all weekend long. It turned out I did have the same thing as Ricard I just didn't treat anything so it just became ridiculous. In Spain you can buy antibiotics over the counter and Carmen actually had some amox on hand. I started to take it and am still on it. Who knew we had the medicine right in the house? I suffered for nothing!
I was still down and out Sunday night and Carmen and Alfonso decided to give me one more day rest and took Ricard Monday to her mothers house. I only had to pick up Alfons at the bus stop. I was feeling wayyyy better Monday morning and pretty much 100% now. Advice: don't wait to get antibiotics or fight it yourself. it is NOT worth it..
Today, Friday is Carmen and Alfonso's 5th anniversary and they are going out of town for the weekend... Lorena, Carmen's sister is coming tonight to help with the boys, although I know I could handle if I had to now. I still have my Spanish class tomorrow morning but I am basically working all weekend. Can't wait for the adventures... or can I?
3 comments:
is that throw-up in your mouth?
sorry you were so sick! love the blog!
~cousin rachel
I'm glad you are feeling better...you handled being sick in Spain MUCH better than Jack did....he pretty much wanted to pack it in and come home after that :-) I'm glad you are able to rise above the sickness! haha, enjoy your week!
Post a Comment